Friday, September 11, 2009

Don't drink the sea water, it'll make ya craaaaazy!!

Or at least that's what Cap'n K'nuckles told me. Ordinary news today, I'm going to SIGGRAPH, or at least trying for an officer position within the club. This news is ordinary because I expect that most of my readers are also going to be my peers, my comrades, my competition.

And you know what? That's fine. I don't really have a competitive streak in me, nor do I always try to do my best, but I try, and that's all that matters to me.

Got a couple of design ideas for SIGGRAPH's logo this year. I'll toss some WIP up in this bitch when I get around to actually fleshing out my concept, not to mention all the other stuff I'm supposed to be doing.

Clock.
Typography.
Album cover.

I can at least show you the album cover I've got going on right now. Didn't have access to a drawing pad to actually do it right, but I think I'm comfortable with it.



And here's the typography portrait I'm going to do. Adam 'Doseone' Drucker. One of the best rappers I've ever listened to.



No, the band (Satellite, not Doseone's work) doesn't actually exist. And the title is from a book called WE, by Yevgeny Zamyatin. Think of Brave New World and 1984, only like 12 times better.

Seriously, go read it. Literature is not dead. I won't allow it.

EKG

Give me a current

a source for the palpitations
the murmurs
and biological imperatives

Living

Pulse fast for me now
rapid and raging
knowing the unsettling in
one's chest

Breathing

Task me with the first impossible
to tell a muscle to stop cold
throbbing like those
on the edge of sex

Writhing

Eaten by undulating centipedes
Eaten by earth sick
Eaten by trepidation and entropy
Eaten, and again eaten

Rotting

No comments:

Post a Comment